Doug Kelly, PhD – Theologian
Expertise: Theology and biblical Languages
Movie focus: Theology and biblical languages
Dr. Kelly received his BA from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Diploma from the University of Lyon, his BD from the Union Theological Seminary, and his PhD from the University of Edinburgh.
He is serving with David Wright of the University of Edinburgh as a general editor for a revision of Calvin’s Old Testament Commentaries. Before joining the faculty at Reformed Theological Seminary (Charlotte), Dr. Kelly traveled extensively throughout the world preaching and teaching. He was also enlisted to serve on the Jurisprudence project of The Christian Legal Society and serves on the Credentials Committee of the Central Carolina Presbytery.
Dr. Kelly is the Professor of Theology Emeritus at RTS.
- Systematic Theology, Vol 1: Grounded in Holy Scripture and Understood in the Light of the Church: The God Who Is: The Holy Trinity (Mentor, 2009)
- If God Already Knows, Why Pray? (Christian Focus, 2005)
- Creation and Change: Genesis 1:1-2:4 in the Light of Changing Scientific Paradigms (Mentor, 2003)
- Preachers with Power: Four Stalwarts of the South (Banner of Truth, 1994)
- Carolina Scots: An Historical and Genealogical Study of Over 100 Years of Immigration (Seventeen Thirty Nine Publications, 1998)
- Christian Ministry Today: Studies in II Corinthians
- Emergence of Liberty in the Modern World: Five Calvinist Governments from the 16th to 18th centuries (P&R, 1992)
- An English Translation of John Calvin’s Sermons on II Samuel 1-13 (Banner of Truth, 1992)
- The Westminster Confession of Faith: An Authentic Modern Version [authored jointly with Professor Phil Rollinson and Dr. Hugh McClure] (P&R, 1986)
- A Theological Guide to Calvin’s Institutes – Chapter 4: The True and Triune God: Calvin’s Doctrine of the Holy Trinity (P&R, 2008)