One of the challenges of understanding global flood geology is grasping what the Flood did to the surface of the earth. In our documentary, many of the scientists talk about the enormous sediment layers covering the globe, but we only had a few minutes to introduce this very important topic.
During the 2017 IGH Conference, Dr. Kurt Wise explored the impact of the Flood on the earth in a series of three in-depth lectures. This lecture on the “study of sediment,” the first in the series, is an excellent overview of the unique features of the sedimentary shell covering the earth. It provides an enormous amount of evidence for the reality of the global flood.
If you like this lecture from the 2017 IGH Conference, you can purchase it and over 50 more for only $10.
If you’ve not seen the documentary yet, here are ways to watch Is Genesis History featuring Kurt Wise and 12 other scientists and scholars.
Specific topics of “Sedimentology of the Flood” include:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 6:45 – Describing the lithostratigraphic column
- 24:45 – Transcontinental water-lain sediments & paleo-currents
- 38:45 – Lamination & bioturbation
- 47:45 – Megasequences & pulses of flood water
- 1:12:15 – Nautiloid fossil beds in Grand Canyon
- 1:26:00 – Crossbeds in sandstone