This lecture is included with over 70 more lectures in the IGH 2017 Conference Videos.
One of the challenges of understanding global flood geology is grasping what the Flood did to the surface of the earth. In our documentary, many of the scientists talk about the enormous sediment layers covering the globe, but we only had a few minutes to introduce this very important topic.
During the 2017 IGH Conference, Dr. Kurt Wise explored the impact of the Flood on the earth in a series of three in-depth lectures. This lecture on the “study of sediment,” the first in the series, is an excellent overview of the unique features of the sedimentary shell covering the earth. It provides an enormous amount of evidence for the reality of the global flood.
Specific topics of “Sedimentology of the Flood” include:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 6:45 – Describing the lithostratigraphic column
- 24:45 – Transcontinental water-lain sediments & paleo-currents
- 38:45 – Lamination & bioturbation
- 47:45 – Megasequences & pulses of flood water
- 1:12:15 – Nautiloid fossil beds in Grand Canyon
- 1:26:00 – Crossbeds in sandstone